Thursday, July 30, 2015

Rainbow Scarf

My newest creation is a rainbow scarf. Lately I have been making scarves lengthwise with scrap yarn. I find it much easier to complete a scarf when I knit it the long way. I think it might have to do with less turning. With shorter rows you have to turn more often and then it gets twisted and you have to untwist everything. This entire scarf was 52 rows, so much less turning. 

I made this scarf using the linen stitch. I like how each row blends into the next, and I thought it would be fun to try that with all the colors of the rainbow. And knitting lengthwise, makes it actually look like a rainbow.


I had been looking for the perfect yarn to make this for a few months. Since it is 7 colors, and doesn't use that much of each color I needed a yarn with less yardage. Otherwise I would end up with excessive amounts of leftover yarn, and I have enough stuff that I don't need more sitting around that I will likely never use.

I was at my favorite local knitting store few weeks ago, and they had this display when I walked in. I skipped the pink, but grabbed the rest. It was just asking to be a rainbow. The yarn was perfect, 60 yards each. I don't have any left over. There were a few scraps, but I added that to the fringe and the rest is gone. 



Before it was a scarf.


I tried to get my fluffy white cat to be a cloud in this picture, but he choose not to cooperate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment