Monday, April 13, 2015

Sunday Hiking

My night hike last weekend was mostly a success. I was hoping that a few minor adjustments from the 20% off REI sale would help with the next hike.

I finally got some hiking poles, generic rei brand name ones. Nothing super exciting, despite trying. I couldn't tell the difference between the double priced ones and the ones I ended up with. I also got a new water holding backpack. Osprey, not camelbak. It has lumbar support and a pacemaker disrupting magnet.


Here we are with our gear out in nature. I consider it over all a success. I didn't feel a constant need to sit down and rest, and my back wasn't killing me afterwards. I'm still in terrible shape after almost a year of no activity, but I made it about 2 miles (with breaks).


Despite California's drought the hike on Waterfall Loop did actually have waterfalls. I must come back here once we actually have rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment