Wednesday, April 1, 2015

It's orange.

My first impression of this book is basically that it is orange. The cover is a lovely light blue with a bright orange binding. The inside is orange. The pockets are orange (It is nice that it has pockets). The headline text is orange. I don't personally like orange. But, other than the orange I actually like this book.


My favorite thing is the pockets. There are 3; one for each trimester. There are suggestions of things that might end up in there, but it seems useful to have a designated place for some of the inevitable loose pieces of paper.

My second favorite thing is the lack of specific photo places. There are a few, but those are reasonable. As you grow bump pictures, the sonogram, and after the baby is born. Other pregnancy planner books I've seen have much more specific ones, pictures I wouldn't want to necessarily have.

I also like the checklists. There are all sorts of checklists. Checklists are fun because you feel like you've accomplished something, and if it is pre written it might be something you wouldn't have counted as an actual accomplishment on your own.

I think it is overall well designed. I will probably use this one I decide to get pregnant again. It has enough information that it seems useful, but not so much that it is filled with things you don't need taking up space. I also like the layout, but I really just wish it wasn't orange. 


I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment