Sunday, April 30, 2017

I actually finished a knitting project!

I had started making a baby sweater a week or so before Lucas was born. I had planned to make it a larger size (6-12 months), so that he could wear it next winter. It seemed huge on him when I got the base of it done a few weeks ago. Apparently some time in the last month he became huge. It fits him perfectly now. I had to rush to finish it before he outgrew it. 

The buttons I found in a cute little button shop in Paris. I wanted a simple pattern so they would stand out and be cute.

The pattern is Flax from Tin Can Knits. The pattern as written is a pullover sweater. I tried to find a pattern for a plain worsted weight cardigan, but strangely I couldn't find one. It only took a little bit of math to make the Flax into a cardigan. 

Unfortunately the weather is not cooperating this week. Not overly useful to have a new sweater on a week that will be 90F! (I need to live somewhere cooler...)


No comments:

Post a Comment